Where Friends & Family Gather for Fun & Fitness
SIGS will be CLOSED Thursday & Friday, November 27th & 28th, so our staff can enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with their families. Make-up schedules are below,
We also do NOT have CLASSES from December 21st — January 4th. Classes start back up January 5th. We will have special activities during Christmas Break, so be sure to watch your emails!
Class RULES for fun & safety
1. Gymnasts: please wear a leotard (without a skirt / tutu attached). Both girls and boys may instead wear shorts and shirt. Bare feet. Hair must be pulled back and away from the face. No jewelry please.
2. Swimmers: a modest suit and towel. Goggles are optional and encouraged only for upper level swimmers. Swim diapers are a MUST for those not potty trained.
3. Trampoline / Tumbling: shorts and tucked-in shirt. Tennis shoes and socks for tumblers. Trampolinists must have socks. Hair must be pulled up / back.
4. Please ensure your child has visited the restroom prior to class. Restroom visits are contagious! (:
5. Siblings and those not taking a class need to be supervised at SIGS. Please watch your other child(ren) to ensure they are not engaging in unsafe behavior (jumping from stairs, bleachers, running through the lobby, etc). This is not only unsafe, but distracting to others.
6. Leaving during class? Please sign out by the office. This lets us know if a parent has left and we need to reach you.
7. Parents — please do not distract your child during class. This includes entering the gym or pool during class, calling out to your child, knocking on the glass, or attempting to coach them from outside of the gym or pool. Doing so removes your child's focus from the instructor and can disrupt the other children's learning. Swim parents MAY enter the pool area to assist their child(ren) in drying off prior to leaving the area. If their is a concern, you are always welcome to approach your child's instructor after class.
Policies & Procedures
Promptness and attendance are very important to us. Please call 812.949.7447 should your child need to miss a class due to illness or conflict. We do offer TWO make-ups per 10-week session should something prevent you from attending your regularly scheduled class. Make-ups are simple! Here's how:
- Stop by the office and we will issue a make-up card with the day & time of the make-up class
- Give this card to the instructor when your child attends the make-up class
If SIGS cancels a class for any reason (inclement weather, etc.) a make-up class will be assigned or you will be allowed a make-up at your convenience. This make-up will NOT count against your two allowable make-ups.
Each participant/family is required to be a MEMBER of SIGS Sportsplex. Family registration of $35 is due ONCE a year and covers everyone in the same household.
- 10% DISCOUNT for a child's 2nd class
- 10% DISCOUNT for enrollement of 2nd and 3rd child within the same household — 4th child is FREE!
- 10% DISCOUNT in our PRO SHOP on the 10th of each month (or on the following day if office is closed on the 10th)
- 10% DISCOUNT on Party packages
- DISCOUNTED RATES on Open Programs like Bounce Time & Preschool Open Gym
- the opportunity to enroll for upcoming session's classes before non-members during our COURTESY WEEK
- FREE Car Decal with enrollment — just stop by the office and tell us what you want the decal to say!
Classes may have varying abilities. As we start each session, it may seem as though your child is ahead or behind others in the group. We ask that you give the class a few weeks or sessions and see how it goes. Usually, abilities tend to balance out.
SIGS does NOT offer refunds. However, we will work with you to find a class or program that may better accommodate a student's needs.
Feel like your child needs more individualized attention?
SIGS Sportsplex also offers private and semi-private instruction. Just let us know your availability and the skills your child wants to learn, and we'll find the perfect instructor for them! Call today for details, 812.949.7447.
What to Wear
It is important to "dress the part". Please abide by the following guidelines to make your child's activity the safest it can be! TUMBLERS should wear leotards or shorts and a tucked-in t-shirt, along with SHOES. TRAMPOLINE classes wear leotards or shorts and a tucked-in t-shirt, along with SOCKS. JEWELRY is NOT premitted for any activity here at SIGS. LONG HAIR must be pulled up and back BEFORE entering for class (hair ties are available at the front desk for 25¢)